If you open a Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account by March 3 2017, you will get a $250 account opening bonus after: a) making 10 debit card purchases/payments or b) set up direct deposit of $500. Either of these need to be completed within 60 days of account opening.
I found out today that I was locked out of my own blog! Sounds like it was the WordPress Login Lockdown plugin. I got the following error message:
ERROR: We’re sorry, but this IP range has been blocked due to too many recent failed login attempts.
To unlock myself, I went into the MySQL database for my WordPress installation, and ran the following SQL code. This code sets the release_date to a date in the past so that I can login again. Thanks to Nick for the SQL code.
update wp_lockdowns set release_date=”2017-01-01 00:00:00″ where lockdown_IP=”<IP address>”;
If the above does not work, run the following SQL command. Note that this will reset the “release_date” for all IP addresses, not just yours.
update wp_lockdowns set release_date=”2017-01-01 00:00:00″ where lockdown_ID > 0
“OUR 35TH IS YOUR CHANCE TO WIN
AN UNFORGETTABLE MILESTONE TRIP.
We’re celebrating the 35th anniversary of the American Airlines AAdvantage® program by recognizing your milestones. As part of our 35th, you can enter for a chance to win 350,000 miles for your next milestone trip. We’ll pick 35 lucky winners in all.
Plus, you can also earn up to 700 miles.”
Bonus Miles earned by each Entrant will be allocated to entrant’s AAdvantage® account approximately eight (8) weeks after the end of Promotion Period
I was browsing through the CNN iPhone app today and noticed that I was seeing web scripting code instead of the actual ad. At first I thought it was an ad from some cool startup trying to attract programmers :). But at the end, I concluded that this was an incorrectly functioning ad module on the CNN iPhone app.
The CNN iPhone app dev team should probably update the ad module to display a generic ad image or message instead of the code in cases where the ad display fails.
Screenshot 1: Example ad code being displayed instead of the actual ad.
Screenshot 2: What a working ad should look like.
Note: Looks like it was a Symantec/Norton ad which did not get displayed. Also, dotomi.com (now ConversantMedia.com) appears to be the marketing agency which delivers the ads.
Just noticed today that the Good iPhone app (https://www1.good.com/) now has Touch ID support i.e. I can login with my fingerprint. This makes my life much more easier! Now, I don’t have to type those extra complex passwords anymore everytime I need to check my work email on my iPhone 🙂
Just came across this offer today. It is pretty neat: 100 GB of Microsoft OneDrive Storage – free for 2 years!
Here are the detailed steps (courtesy slickdeals):
1) If you already have a Microsoft account (i.e. hotmail.com, outlook.com etc), proceed to step 2. If you do not already have a Microsoft account, sign up for one at https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1
2) Navigate to your Bing Rewards dashboard https://www.bing.com/rewards/dashboard
3) You will see a page that states, “You are not signed in to Bing Rewards.” Go to the bottom of the page and locate the text, “Not a Bing Rewards member? Join now.” Click the “Join now” link and then click on the “Try if now, FREE!” button
4) You will see a page that states, “Welcome to Bing Rewards.” Locate the “Earn and explore” section, then click on “Free storage. Claim your free 100GB of OneDrive storage for two years. Ends 2/28.”
5) You will see a page that states, “100GB of free OneDrive storage for 2 years.” Click the “Get my storage” button, and you should be set.