This website below works great to enhance scanned texts. And you can enhance online vs. having to download a program to your computer. I tested using a scanned copy of a yellowish faded receipt and the end results were pretty good.
Just noticed today that the Good iPhone app (https://www1.good.com/) now has Touch ID support i.e. I can login with my fingerprint. This makes my life much more easier! Now, I don’t have to type those extra complex passwords anymore everytime I need to check my work email on my iPhone 🙂
Just came across this offer today. It is pretty neat: 100 GB of Microsoft OneDrive Storage – free for 2 years!
Here are the detailed steps (courtesy slickdeals):
1) If you already have a Microsoft account (i.e. hotmail.com, outlook.com etc), proceed to step 2. If you do not already have a Microsoft account, sign up for one at https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1
2) Navigate to your Bing Rewards dashboard https://www.bing.com/rewards/dashboard
3) You will see a page that states, “You are not signed in to Bing Rewards.” Go to the bottom of the page and locate the text, “Not a Bing Rewards member? Join now.” Click the “Join now” link and then click on the “Try if now, FREE!” button
4) You will see a page that states, “Welcome to Bing Rewards.” Locate the “Earn and explore” section, then click on “Free storage. Claim your free 100GB of OneDrive storage for two years. Ends 2/28.”
5) You will see a page that states, “100GB of free OneDrive storage for 2 years.” Click the “Get my storage” button, and you should be set.
I just figured out by chance that GoDaddy Web Hosting Renewal rates are best with 3-year renewals and not with 4 or 5-year renewals. This is a bit weird because I would expect the rates to go down with longer renewals.
From the list below, you can see that the $4.99 per month Economy web hosting plan drops to $2.99 per month with a 3 year renewal, but only drops to $3.74 per month with a 5 year renewal. Go figure!!
Note: for current GoDaddy coupons, visit: www.retailmenot.com/view/godaddy.com
Original: $4.99 plan (Economy plan)
Coupon: gda1132bp (25% off $60)
2 year renewal
Base rate: $119.76 ($4.99 per month)
– Coupon: -$29.94 (25% off)
Final rate: =$89.82 ($3.74 per month)
3 year renewal
Base rate: $143.64 ($3.99 per month)
– Coupon: -$35.91 (25% off) Final rate: =$107.73 ($2.99 per month) (BEST RATE)
4 year renewal
Base rate: $239.52 ($4.99 per month)
– Coupon: -$59.88 (25% off)
Final rate: =$179.64 ($3.74 per month)
5 year renewal
Base rate: $299.40 ($4.99 per month)
– Coupon: -$74.85 (25% off) Final rate: =$224.55 ($3.74 per month)
Many of us have tried to print screen from a video and later found out that the video part is black. Programs like PowerDVD and SnagIT have a screen capture option. However, if you do not have access to a screen capture software, the following method works by changing some settings in Windows Media Player.
4. Don’t use Overlay
1. Open your Window Media Player and click Options on the Tools menu.
2. On the Performance tab, click on the Advanced… button.
3. Uncheck Use overlays from DVD video, click OK and restart the player.
Now you can capture images from any movies played in Windows Media Player using Print Screen (PrintScrn) key (or ALT + PrintScrn key). Once copied, the image can be pasted into Microsoft Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint) or other image editor. If you have problems taking screenshots from a playing movie try to pause it first, then “print” the image.
Brother MFC-7840W Wireless Laser Printer
Bought a Brother MFC-7840W All-In-One Wireless Laser Printer from NewEgg today for $219, no tax, free shipping. I feel it is a pretty good deal. I have been looking around for an All-In-One printer for some time. This one has a laser printer, a copier, a scanner, a fax; and has both wireless and ethernet networking capabilities. Brother MFC-7840W – $219 on NewEgg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828113303
Image Courtesy: www.brother-usa.com
I had a basic HP inkjet printer but the ink always seemed to dry up before I could use the whole cartridge. And I have often felt the need to scan or print something at home. I don’t think I will be using the fax option that much though.
The printer is available for $249 at Amazon – http://amazon.com/dp/B0016ZQ566/. It has pretty good reviews there.